TURNIP AND CARROT MASH RECIPE - FOOD.COM
This is a dish I used to make only at Thanksgiving. I loved it so much that I began making a ton of it and freezing the rest in serving sizes! If you don't like turnip/rutabaga, try this way.
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Boil carrots and turnip/rutabaga SEPARATELY.
- When done, mash each SEPARATELY using as much cream, butter, and seasonings to your taste.
- Just before serving, drain any liquid formed at the bottom of the bowls and GENTLY combine them both.
- You should be able to see both carrot and turnip/rutabaga pieces in the combined dish.
- NB: Depending on your preferences, the amts of carrot vs turnip can be regulated. Leftovers freeze well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 78.3, FatContent 0.4, SaturatedFatContent 0.1, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 154.4, CarbohydrateContent 18.2, FiberContent 5.2, SugarContent 9.7, ProteinContent 2.1
NANA'S MASHED TURNIP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This was my grandmother's famous dish that my whole family just loved. She never wrote it down for me, so after she passed away I recreated it perfectly. This one's for you, Bubby!
Provided by DARIA K
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Place turnip and potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover, and bring to a boil. Cook 25 to 30 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat, and drain.
- Mix milk, 2 tablespoons butter, and sugar with the turnip and potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Mash until slightly lumpy.
- Transfer turnip mixture to a small baking dish. Dot with remaining butter. Cover loosely, and bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove cover, and continue baking about 8 minutes, until lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 19.9 g, CholesterolContent 16.1 mg, FatContent 6.1 g, FiberContent 3.1 g, ProteinContent 2.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.8 g, SodiumContent 322.5 mg, SugarContent 3.6 g
More about "carrot turnip mash recipes"
MASHED CARROTS AND TURNIPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 35 minutes
Category Side Dishes
Calories 157 calories per serving
- Place carrots and turnips in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. , Drain and mash. Add the butter, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.
CELERIAC RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
TURNIP MASH RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD NETWORK
CARROT AND SWEDE MASH: A SIMPLE YET DELICIOUS SIDE | TIN ...
HOME | MASH DIRECT
TURNIP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST CARROT SIDE DISHES RECIPES | YUMMLY
25 BEST TURNIP RECIPES - HOW TO COOK TURNIPS
THE WORLD'S LARGEST COLLECTION OF VEGETARIAN RECIPES
CANNING TURNIP - HEALTHY CANNING
MIDDLE-EARTH RECIPES - RECIPES FOR HOBBITS AND ELVES
HOW TO COOK RUTABAGA OR TURNIP IRISH STYLE
PARSNIP RECIPES - BBC FOOD
BURNS NIGHT RECIPES - BBC FOOD
RECIPE ARE PERFECTS – FREE DAILY RECIPES
SIGN-IN | LIVESTRONG.COM
INDIAN SHEPHERD’S PIE - RECIPES - HAIRY BIKERS
RUTABAGA - WIKIPEDIA