HARISSA SWEET POTATO FRITTERS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I had leftover sweet potatoes and had to think up a new way to use them. We love spice, so I flavored these fun fritters with harissa, just enough for flavor but not too spicy. If you want more heat, you can always adjust the spice to please your taste buds. —Teri Rasey, Cadillac, Michigan
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Pour boiling water over sweet potatoes in a large bowl; let stand 20 minutes. Drain, squeezing to remove excess liquid. Pat dry., In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, flour, baking powder, cornstarch, seasoned salt and harissa. Add the sweet potatoes and onion; toss to coat., In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons coconut oil over medium heat. Working in batches, drop sweet potato mixture by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press slightly to flatten. Fry for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Serve with queso fresco, and optional ingredients as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 217 calories, FatContent 13g fat (10g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 69mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 421mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 20g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 2g fiber), ProteinContent 6g protein.
ROSTI WITH CARROTS RECIPE | EAT SMARTER USA
The Rosti with Carrots recipe out of our category Root Vegetable! EatSmarter has over 80,000 healthy & delicious recipes online. Try them out!
Total Time 35 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Peel the potatoes and onions. Grate both coarsely and place in a bowl.
- Peel and grate the carrot and mix with the potato. Stir in the eggs, crush the garlic into it and season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and caraway.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of oil in a large pan, pour in the mixture and smooth out. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the underside is golden brown. Flip over using a lid or a plate, add a little more oil to the pan and fry the other side for about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 218.74 kcal, FatContent 2.76 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.69 g, ProteinContent 9.87 g, CarbohydrateContent 42.16 g, SugarContent 0 g, CholesterolContent 115.5 mg
More about "carrot rosti recipes"
SAUSAGE, POTATO AND CARROT ROSTI WITH A FRIED EGG RECIPE ...
- Serve the rösti in the centre of a plate, top with the sausage mixture and place the fried egg on top.
POTATO, CARROT AND COURGETTE ROSTI RECIPE FOR BABY ...
Total Time 20 minutes
Category Weaning & Baby Recipes
Calories 0 calories per serving
- Transfer to a plate and serve with salad. For babies – you can mash the rosti to the right texture for your baby.
JAMIE OLIVER GIANT VEG ROSTI | KEEP COOKING AND CARRY ON ...
Total Time 55 minutes
Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Peel the potatoes and carrots, then coarsely grate them in a food processor or by hand on a box grater. Add a good pinch of salt, toss and scrunch it all together, then leave for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the mustard, a good squeeze of lemon juice, and a couple of lugs of extra virgin olive oil with a little pinch of salt and pepper in a medium bowl and put aside.
Drizzle a really good lug of olive oil into a large bowl and add a good pinch of pepper. Handful by handful, squeeze the potato and carrot mixture to get rid of the excess salty liquid, then sprinkle into the bowl. Toss in the oil and pepper until well mixed, then evenly scatter it over a large oiled baking tray (roughly 30cm x 40cm). Roast for around 35 minutes, or until golden on top and super-crispy around the edges.
Meanwhile, blanch the peas for a minute in a large pan of boiling salted water, then scoop out, add to the bowl of dressing and pile the spinach on top. Just before your rösti is ready, with the water gently simmering, crack in the eggs, poach to your liking, then carefully remove with a slotted spoon. Serve the rösti with the eggs on top. Quickly toss the salad together to dress it and scatter in piles on the rösti, then crumble over the feta and serve. I like to whack it in the middle of the table and let everyone dig in.
STUFFED VEAL SCALLOPS WITH A MUSHROOM SAUCE AND CARROT R…
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Calories 479.9 per serving
- To Serve: Either arrange little rolls on a plate and pour sauce over or slice into thin slices if you have used larger scallops like me and again pour sauce over. Place some salad greens on plate top with carrot rosties and dollop with sour cream mix.
POTATO RöSTI RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
SWISS RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
RECIPES | IGA
28 EASY-COOK BABY RECIPES FOR 10 MONTH OLDS - MADEFORMUMS
ROAST DINNER SIDE DISHES - BBC FOOD
BEST VEGAN MAIN DISH RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
CARROT ROSTI RECIPE - ALDI
CRISPY CARROT & SWEET POTATO ROSTI - GRIMMWAY FARMS
POTATO AND CARROT ROSTI RECIPE - KIWI FAMILIES
CARROT AND SWEDE ROSTI RECIPE, CALORIES & NUTRITION FACTS
POTATO & CARROT ROSTI WITH FETA AND HERBS RECIPE | WESTGOLD AU
POTATO & CARROT ROSTI WITH FETA AND HERBS RECIPE | WESTGOLD NZ
SWEET POTATO & CARROT ROSTIS RECIPE | ANNABEL KARMEL
CARROT AND POTATO ROSTI - NZ HERALD
WILD RICE ROSTI WITH CARROT AND ORANGE PUREE
SHREDDED RED CABBAGE, CARROT AND MINT SALAD - RECIPETIN EATS
GLUTEN FREE RECIPES - ALDI
SALMON RECIPES | ATLANTIC SALMON & OCEAN TROUT RECIPES
CATEGORIES - LIFESTYLE - ALL 4
EASY BREAKFAST AND BRUNCH CASSEROLE RECIPES | MARTHA ST…
MAIN COURSE RECIPES - GREAT BRITISH CHEFS
OVER 590 SLIMMING WORLD RECIPES IN ONE PLACE!