BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
We raised our own meat and vegetables when I was a girl. This golden chicken always reminds me of Mom and home...there's nothing quite like a crispy piece smothered in creamy gravy. — Vera Reid, Laramie, Wyoming
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Place chicken in a large shallow dish. Pour buttermilk over; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. , Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a large resealable plastic bag. Drain chicken pieces; add to flour mixture, one at a time, and shake to coat. Shake off excess; let stand on waxed paper for 15 minutes before frying. , Heat 1/8 to 1/4 in. of oil in a large skillet; fry chicken until browned on all sides. Cover and simmer, turning occasionally, for 40-45 minutes, or until juices run clear and chicken is tender. Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer. Remove chicken; drain on paper towels and keep warm. , Drain all but 1/4 cup drippings from skillet; stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk, then 1-1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add remaining water if needed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with chicken.
Nutrition Facts : Calories , FatContent , CholesterolContent , SodiumContent , CarbohydrateContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent
BUTTERMILK GRAVY | ALLRECIPES
This gravy is a diner classic, often served over biscuits and sausage. But it's equally good on fried chicken, pork chops, mashed potatoes, country fried steak, and french fries for a hearty meal any time of day.
Provided by lutzflcat
Total Time 15 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat bacon drippings in a skillet over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until well combined and bubbly, about 1 minute. Pour in buttermilk gradually and bring to a boil, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly, until thickened and smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken bouillon, salt, and pepper. If gravy is too thick, whisk in more buttermilk until you reach your desired consistency. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11 g, CholesterolContent 14.7 mg, FatContent 12.1 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 4.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.9 g, SodiumContent 315.9 mg, SugarContent 5 g
More about "buttermilk chicken gravy recipes"
CHICKEN WITH BUTTERMILK GRAVY - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Total Time 30 minutes
Category low-calorie, dinner party, easy chicken, Super Bowl, dinner, main dish
Cuisine American, Southern
Calories 280 calories per serving
- In bowl, mix chicken thighs with 1/2 cup buttermilk. On waxed paper, mix thyme, salt, and 1/2 cup flour. Dip thighs into mixture to coat. In nonstick 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in very hot oil, cook thighs until golden. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a knife, turning chicken occasionally, about 15 minutes longer. Remove chicken to platter. In 2-cup measuring cup, mix 1 tablespoon flour, bouillon, browning and seasoning sauce, and 1 cup water. Stir mixture into skillet; over medium-high heat, heat until mixture boils and thickens; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in 1/4 cup buttermilk. Serve gravy with chicken. Garnish platter with thyme sprigs.
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY RECIPE - RECIPES.NET
Total Time 1 hours
Calories 216.00kcal per serving
- Serve the gravy hot with the fried chicken and biscuits. Bon apetit!
~ BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN & BUTTERMILK GRAVY ~ | JUST A ...
- Serve the gravy over chicken and mashed potatoes if desired.
CHICKEN BREASTS WITH BUTTERMILK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Category Meat and Poultry, Chicken, Breast
Calories 488.5 calories per serving
- Pour buttermilk-soup mixture over chicken and bake until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes longer. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C). Serve with the pan gravy.
CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN & GRAVY | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
- Serve gravy over chicken. Place fried onions on top. Enjoy! This chicken reminds me of something my Gram would make. She would love this.
SLOW-COOKED SMOTHERED BUTTERMILK CHICKEN WITH PEAS OVER ...
Total Time 8 hours 30 minutes
Calories 440 per serving
- Meanwhile, bake biscuits as directed on can. Serve chicken mixture over split biscuits.
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN WITH GRAVY RECIPE | WANNA MAKE ...
PAN FRIED BUTTERMILK CHICKEN WITH GRAVY RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE WITH GRAVY RECIPE FROM ...
OVEN FRIED BUTTERMILK CHICKEN & GRAVY – AUNT BEE'S RECIPES
THE BEST SMOTHERED FRIED BUTTERMILK CHICKEN & GRAVY RECIPE
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN WITH PAN GRAVY - LIFE'S AMBROSIA
BUTTERMILK-SOAKED, BACON-FRIED CHICKEN IN GRAVY RECIPE ...
CHICKEN BUTTERMILK GRAVY - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
BUTTERMILK GRAVY RECIPES
BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
25 EASY AND TASTY BUTTERMILK GRAVY RECIPES BY HOME COOKS ...
BUTTERMILK GRAVY - RECIPES | COOKS.COM