SLICED BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
An easy way to give the bland potato a lot of new flavor ! The light coating of butter and cheese gives the potatoes a crisp outside. These are fun to make, and look delightful ! Oven baked, or microwave. Oven bake time: appx. 1 hour. Microwave bake time 16-20 minutes.
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 1 hours
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Peel potatoes only if the skin is tough, otherwise, just scrub and rinse them.
- Cut potatoes vertically, into thin slices, but not all the way through. Lay a spoon next to the potato to prevent knife from cutting all the way through. (A wooden spoon works great.).
- Put potatoes in a baking dish. Fan them slightly.
- Sprinkle with salt, and drizzle with the melted butter. Sprinkle with herbs.
- Bake potatoes at 425 degrees for about 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake potatoes for another 10-15 minutes until lightly browned, cheeses are melted, and potatoes are soft inside. Check for doneness with a fork.
- To microwave: Prepare potatoes as above, and place in a microwave safe dish or pan.
- Sprinkle with melted butter and herbs.
- Microwave on High power for 10 minutes, rearranging the potatoes after 5 minutes if your microwave does not have an automatic turn table.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Microwave for another 4-6 minutes on High power until cheeses are melted, and potatoes are soft.
- Sprinkle with salt, and serve.
- Note: You may substitute 2-3 teaspoons dried herbs of your choice for the fresh, if you prefer.
- After the potatoes are done, a little sour cream on top, sprinkled with bacon bits might be good.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 276.9, FatContent 11.7, SaturatedFatContent 7.3, CholesterolContent 32, SodiumContent 742.7, CarbohydrateContent 37.4, FiberContent 4.7, SugarContent 1.7, ProteinContent 6.9
BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Recipes for baked potatoes exist across the archives of The Times. This is the battle-tested best. Adorn the result with toppings: sour cream, minced chives, crumbled bacon, chopped jalapeño, cauliflower florets, crab meat dressed in lemon juice. The potatoes are a blank canvas, though delicious on their own.
Provided by Sam Sifton
Total Time 1 hours
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Scrub potatoes under running water; dry them, and rub the skin of each with the oil and a little salt. Pierce the skin of each in three or four places with the tines of a fork.
- Place the potatoes in the oven, and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the size of the potatoes, until they offer no resistance when a knife is inserted in their centers.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, slice them open down the middle, apply a tablespoon of butter to each one and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 403, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CarbohydrateContent 67 grams, FatContent 13 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 8 grams, SaturatedFatContent 8 grams, SodiumContent 894 milligrams, SugarContent 2 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
More about "butter substitute for baked potatoes recipes"
TWICE-BAKED POTATOES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 2 hours
Calories 590 per serving
- Mound each potato skin with a quarter of the filling. Bake the potatoes until warmed through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
PERFECT BAKED POTATO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
MICROWAVE BAKED POTATO RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BAKED SCALLOPED POTATOES WITH CHEESE (3 KINDS!) - AVERIE COOKS
CREAMY TWICE-BAKED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
SUBSTITUTE FOR BUTTER – THE KITCHEN COMMUNITY
BUTTER FRIED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
TWICE BAKED POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ROASTED GARLIC POTATOES RECIPE WITH BUTTER PARMESAN – BEST ...
LOW CARB FOODS AND DIETS GUIDE
RESULTS - YOUTUBE