BROWN BUTTER APPLE TART RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
How to improve on a basic apple tart recipe? Add brown butter, of course.
Provided by Cynthia Wong
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Coat tart pan with nonstick spray. Using an electric mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle, mix butter, sugar, and salt until pale and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add egg, cream, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Add flour all at once and beat until dough almost comes together. Turn dough out onto a work surface. Knead until dough just comes together, 4-5 times. Divide dough in half; form each half into a smooth ball. Flatten into disks and wrap each disk tightly in plastic. Chill 1 disk overnight; freeze second disk for another use.
- Roll out chilled dough disk between two sheets of plastic wrap, lifting and adjusting plastic as needed, until 1/8-inch thick and 2-inch wider than tart pan. Transfer dough in plastic wrap to a baking sheet and refrigerate until firm enough to handle, about 30 minutes.
- Remove top piece of plastic from dough. Invert dough into tart pan; press onto bottom and up sides. If dough is soft, chill until firm enough for remaining sheet of plastic to be removed. Trim edges of dough (patch up any holes or tears with extra dough). Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line dough with parchment paper or heavy-duty foil, leaving a 1-inch-2-inch overhang. Fill paper with dried beans or pie weights. Bake tart shell just until dough has dried and does not look wet in any spots, about 20 minutes. (If center still looks wet, bake crust without weights until dried and opaque, a few minutes longer.)
- Whisk eggs and sugar in a medium bowl just to blend. Place butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Scrape in seeds from vanilla bean; add bean. Cook, stirring often, until butter foams, then browns (do not burn), about 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes; remove bean. Slowly whisk brown butter into egg mixture; whisk in flour and salt.
- Line tart shell with apples. Pour filling over (if using rectangular pan, you may have 1/2 cup excess filling). Bake until apples are deep golden brown and filling is puffed, cracked, and set in center, 70-80 minutes.
- Let tart cool in pan on a wire rack, about 2 hours. Remove pan sides. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream.
BROWN BUTTER APPLE TART RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: flour, sugar, kosher salt, cold butter, water, eggs, sugar, McCormick® vanilla extract, kosher salt, butter, flour, lemon zest, green apples
Provided by Tasty
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Crust: Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times to mix. Add in butter and pulse a few times to break the butter down into pebble-size pieces. With the food processor running, drizzle in ice water. The dough should stick together when pressed between your fingers. (If dough doesn’t stick together, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time.)
- Lay out a sheet of plastic wrap. Dump dough onto the plastic wrap and shape into a disc. Cover tightly with the plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Generously spray a 9 or 10 inch (23 or 25 cm) tart pan with nonstick spray. On a floured surface, roll out the pie crust into a circle that is 2–3 inches (5-7.5 cm) bigger than your tart. Lift crust into the tart pan and press against the sides of the pan. Trim the edges of the dough so that it is level with the top of the pan.
- Filling: Whisk eggs, sugar, McCormick Vanilla Extract, and salt in a medium bowl, then set aside.
- Place butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Let butter completely melt and foam, stirring occasionally. Keep stirring as the foaming subsides and the butter begins to brown. Once butter browns, quickly transfer to a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes. Whisk browned butter into the egg mixture. Whisk in flour and lemon zest.
- Arrange sliced apples in a spiral pattern on the pie crust. Pour custard over apples, until custard reaches ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) below the top of crust (if using a 9-inch (23 cm) pan, you will have a little custard left over).
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes (cover with foil if the top starts browning too much, or until custard is set).
- Let cool completely before slicing and serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 574 calories, CarbohydrateContent 53 grams, FatContent 38 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 7 grams, SugarContent 29 grams
More about "brown butter creamy apple pie recipes"
APPLE-CREAM CHEESE PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
Calories 776.2 per serving
- Let pie cool 1 hour prior to eating. Store pie in fridge.
BROWN BUTTER CREAMY APPLE PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
BROWN BUTTER CREAMY APPLE PIE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BROWN BUTTER CREAMY APPLE PIE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
BROWN BUTTER APPLE PIE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
BROWN-BUTTER APPLE PIE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
RECIPE: BROWN BUTTER CREAMY APPLE PIE - RECIPELINK.COM
BROWN BUTTER CREAMY APPLE PIE - CRECIPE.COM
APPLE, BROWN BUTTER AND SAGE PIE WITH WINNIMERE CHEESE
BROWN BUTTER CREAMY APPLE PIE - CRECIPE.COM
APPLE PIE - TODAY
BROWN BUTTER GLAZED APPLE PIE SCONES - OH SWEET BASIL
BROWN BUTTER & APPLE TART WITH CARAMELISED GOLDEN RAISIN ...
ADD THIS PEANUT BUTTER APPLE PIE TO YOUR THANKSGIVING PIE ...
EASY APPLE BUTTER PIE RECIPE - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
THE BEST PUMPKIN, APPLE AND PECAN PIE RECIPES FOR ...
APPLE SPICE WHOOPIE PIES | KING ARTHUR BAKING
FRESH APPLE CAKE RECIPE WITH BROWN BUTTER BUTTERCREAM ...
APPLE PANCAKE BARS WITH BROWN BUTTER CRUMBLE TOPPING AND ...
BROWN BUTTER PECAN PIE RECIPE - YOUR CUP OF CAKE