PASTA, PESTO, AND PEAS RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Blend fresh basil pesto at home for Ina Garten's Pasta, Pesto and Peas recipe from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network, and have a vibrant springtime meal.
Provided by Ina Garten
Total Time 32 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Yield 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 20
- Cook the fusilli and bow ties separately in a large pot of boiling salted water for 10 to 12 minutes until each pasta is al dente. Drain and toss into a bowl with the olive oil. Cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, puree the pesto, spinach, and lemon juice. Add the mayonnaise and puree. Add the pesto mixture to the cooled pasta and then add the Parmesan, peas, pignoli, salt, and pepper. Mix well, season to taste, and serve at room temperature.
- Place the walnuts, pignoli, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Process for 15 seconds. Add the basil leaves, salt, and pepper. With the processor running, slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl through the feed tube and process until the pesto is thoroughly pureed. Add the Parmesan and puree for a minute. Use right away or store the pesto in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of olive oil on top.
- Notes: Air is the enemy of pesto. For freezing, pack it in containers with a film of oil or plastic wrap directly on top with the air pressed out.
- To clean basil, remove the leaves, swirl them in a bowl of water, and then spin them very dry in a salad spinner. Store them in a closed plastic bag with a slightly damp paper towel. As long as the leaves are dry they will stay green for several days.
ITALIAN PASTA AND PEAS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
If your family doesn't care for peas, substitute frozen green beans or broccoli. By stirring in cubed cooked chicken or ham, this becomes a mouthwatering main dish with little effort.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk and butter; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and sauce mix. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. , Stir in the peas, mushrooms and oregano; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Remove from the heat. Sauce will thicken upon standing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 190 calories, FatContent 6g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 17mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 574mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 8g protein.
More about "bow tie pasta salad recipe recipes"
KIELBASA & PASTA SKILLET DINNER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 825.8 per serving
- Reduce heat to medium low, add cheese and cook until cheese is melted.
TURKEY PASTA ALFREDO RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
Total Time 25 minutes
Calories 600 per serving
- In same saucepan, combine Alfredo sauce, milk, turkey and peas. Cook over medium heat until peas are tender and mixture is thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Stir in cooked pasta. Cook until thoroughly heated.
BOW-TIE PASTA SALAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
CHICKEN AND BOW TIE PASTA RECIPE | MYRECIPES
OUR BEST PASTA SALAD RECIPES WHEN YOU NEED A SIDE TO SHARE ...
CLASSIC ITALIAN PASTA SALAD | ALLRECIPES
ITALIAN PASTA SALAD - SPEND WITH PENNIES
ONE-POT HAM AND VEGGIE PASTA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
PASTA SALAD WITH MIXED VEGETABLES - MAYO CLINIC
EASY CREAMY PASTA SALAD RECIPE - KITCHEN FUN WITH MY 3 SONS
HEALTHY CHICKEN PASTA SALAD RECIPE WITH AVOCADO - EATWELL101
PASTA PRIMAVERA SAUCE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
GARLIC SHRIMP PASTA BAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BLT PASTA SALAD - SPACESHIPS AND LASER BEAMS