BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
During blueberry season, this pie always makes an appearance. It has a wonderful fresh berry flavor and a bit of tang from the lemon zest. —Richard Case, Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine blueberries, lemon juice and lemon zest. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add to berries; toss gently to coat., On a lightly floured surface, roll half the pie dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add blueberry mixture. Dot with butter. , Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge. Whisk egg and milk; brush over crust. If desired, sprinkle with coarse sugar., Bake 30 minutes. Cover edge loosely with foil. Bake until crust is golden brown and berries have burst, about 30-35 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 553 calories, FatContent 25g fat (16g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 87mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 332mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 78g carbohydrate (40g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 6g protein.
BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE PIE RECIPE - EPICURIOUS
We love how the cinnamon-scented streusel topping lets the juicy berries peek through.
Provided by Melissa Roberts
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Pulse 1 1/4 cups flour, butter, and salt in a food processor until mixture resembles coarse meal with some pea-size pieces remaining. Drizzle 3 tablespoons ice water over mixture. Pulse until moist clumps form, adding more water by teaspoonfuls if mixture is dry. Transfer dough to a lightly floured work surface. Divide into 4 equal pieces. Working with 1 piece at a time, use the heel of your hand to smear each portion of dough twice in a forward motion to distribute butter. Gather all 4 dough pieces into a ball. Flatten into a disk, wrap in plastic, and chill dough until firm, at least 1 hour.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 13" round. Transfer to pie dish, gently pressing dough onto bottom and up sides of dish. Fold overhang under and crimp edges decoratively. Pierce bottom of crust in several places with a fork, then chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil and place on a rack in middle of oven; preheat to 375°F. Line crust with parchment paper or foil and fill with pie weights. Bake until crust is set, about 20 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and pie weights. Bake until crust is pale golden, about 12 minutes longer. Transfer crust to a wire rack; let cool.
- Whisk 2/3 cup sugar, cornstarch, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss gently to coat and evenly distribute. Let filling stand, tossing occasionally, until berries release their juices, 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk flour, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, light brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. Add melted butter; mix topping with fingertips to blend.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spoon blueberry filling into crust, then sprinkle topping over. Bake pie until filling is bubbling and topping is golden, about 1 hour 15 minutes. Cover with foil after 30 minutes if browning too fast.
- Let pie cool on a wire rack.
- Dough can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep chilled. Pie can be baked 8 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.
More about "blueberry pie plate recipes"
FROZEN BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | ALTON BROWN | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 12 hours 0 minutes
- Place the pie on a rack and allow to cool to room temperature before serving, approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
FRESH BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 1 hours 10 minutes
- "Barefoot Contessa Foolproof" by Ina Garten (c) Clarkson Potter 2012. Provided courtesy of Ina Garten. All rights reserved.
BLUEBERRY PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST RECIPE: HOW TO …
Total Time 20 minutes
Calories 230 calories per serving
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add water, stirring until smooth. Stir in 2 cups of blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature., Gently stir remaining blueberries into cooled blueberry mixture. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate, covered, until chilled, 1-2 hours. Serve with whipped cream.
BEST EVER BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - LAND O'LAKES
Total Time 0 minutes
Category Fruit, Berry, Blueberry, Sweet, Baking, Fruit, Pie, Dessert, Pie, Dessert
Calories 410 calories per serving
- Cool pie at least 1 hour; serve warm. Store refrigerated.
EASIEST EVER BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE - PILLSBURY.COM
Total Time 3 hours 0 minutes
Calories 340 per serving
- Place foil or cookie sheet on oven rack below middle rack to catch any spills. Place pie on middle oven rack. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. After 30 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary. Cool at least 2 hours before serving. Serve warm or cold.
MIXED BERRY PIE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 01 hours 25 minutes
Calories 510 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough into 2 portions so that 1 is slightly larger than the other. Shape each into a disk. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight., For filling, in a large saucepan, whisk sugar, cornstarch, salt, water and, if desired, cinnamon until smooth; add blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly., Preheat oven to 400°. Gently fold raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and lemon juice into blueberry mixture. On a lightly floured surface, roll out larger portion of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter., Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom crust; flute edge. Bake 10 minutes. , Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 45-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.
BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
BLUEBERRY DESSERT RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRUSTLESS BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE (SO EASY!) - AVERIE COOKS
MERINGUE PIE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CRUSTLESS BLUEBERRY PIE RECIPE (SO EASY ... - AVERIE COOKS
BLUEBERRY PIE BARS (EASY BLUEBERRY DESSERT!) - AVERIE CO…
BLUEBERRY CREAM PIE WITH GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST
BLUEBERRY DESSERTS WITH FROZEN BLUEBERRIES RECIPES - YUMMLY
25+ BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST RECIPES | EATINGWELL
HEALTHY BLUEBERRY SMOOTHIE RECIPES - EATINGWELL
BLUEBERRY PIE WINS RAVES EVERY TIME | GWINNETT DAILY POST ...
52 PIE RECIPES THAT’LL BAKE YOU HAPPY
"JIFFY" RECIPES | "JIFFY" MIX