SCALLOPED POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | TYLER FLORENCE | FOOD NETWORK
For a rich and creamy side, try Tyler Florence's ultimate Scalloped Potato Gratin recipe from Food Network.
Provided by Tyler Florence
Total Time 1 hours 5 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 50 minutes
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, heat up the cream with the bay leaves, thyme, garlic, nutmeg and some salt and pepper.
- While the cream is heating up, butter a casserole dish. Use a slotted spoon to remove the bay leaves and thyme. Pour the heated cream into a large bowl with the potato slices. Mix gently to coat the potatoes. Dust the Parmesan over the potatoes. Season the mix with a little bit of salt and pepper. Mix to gently incorporate. Spoon a little bit of the cream into the bottom of the casserole dish. Then spoon the potatoes in. Level out the potatoes for uniform cooking time. Pour the remaining cream at the bottom of the bowl over the top. Top with some Parmesan and fresh thyme leaves. Cover the dish with aluminum foil, but pull back one corner for the steam to escape. Bake for 40 minutes.
SCALLOPED POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE | ELLIE KRIEGER | FOOD ...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 2 quart, shallow flameproof baking dish with olive oil spray.
- Put the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are just tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool somewhat.
- Put the milk and flour into a large saucepan and whisk until the flour is dissolved. Add the garlic and thyme and heat over a medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil and is thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, discard the thyme sprig, and stir in the salt. Add 1 cup of the cheese and stir until melted.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in the baking dish. Pour over half of the cheese sauce. Add the remaining potatoes and top with rest of the sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and bake for 25 minutes, until bubbling. Put under the broiler and broil on high until the top is browned, about 2 minutes. Serve hot.
- Serving size: about 1 cup
Nutrition Facts : Calories 280, FatContent 9 grams, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CholesterolContent 30 milligrams, SodiumContent 570 milligrams, CarbohydrateContent 38 grams, FiberContent 4 grams, ProteinContent 14 grams
More about "best au gratin potatoes recipe ever recipes"
CHEESY AU GRATIN POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 1 hours 20 minutes
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover and top with the cheeses. Bake for an additional 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Sprinkle over the chives and serve.
NEVER-FAIL SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 01 hours 25 minutes
Category Side Dishes
Calories 215 calories per serving
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted., Coat an 8-in. square baking dish with cooking spray. Place half of the potatoes in dish; layer with 1/2 cup onion and half of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers. , Bake, covered, 50 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly and potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes longer.
CREAMY AU GRATIN POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
POTATOES AU GRATIN (DAUPHINOISE) - RECIPETIN EATS
EASY AU GRATIN POTATOES RECIPE - THE SEASONED MOM
WHAT TYPES OF POTATOES ARE BEST FOR WHICH RECIPES?
RICH AND CREAMY POTATOES AU GRATIN RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ASHLEY'S BEST EVER CHICKEN PARMIGIANA - RECIPE | COOKS.C…
PIONEER WOMAN SCALLOPED POTATOES RECIPES