MUSHROOM STROGANOFF - SKINNYTASTE
This healthy mushroom stroganoff made with shiitake, baby portabella, and cremini mushrooms and noodles in a light creamy sauce is a quick and easy meal, perfect for Meatless Mondays!
Provided by Gina
Total Time 25 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Cook noodles in a pot of salted water according to package directions, I like to under-cook them a bit so I can mix it with the sauce and let it finish cooking.
- Meanwhile, while the water starts to boil for the noodles, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Melt butter over medium heat and add onions to the pan. Cook 2 - 3 minutes over medium-low heat. Add flour; stir with a wooden spoon for 30 seconds.
- Gradually add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and tomato paste, stirring constantly.
- Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper; stir and cook 4-5 minutes or until thickened and bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Add wine; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 4 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 seconds.
- Stir in sour cream; add noodles, mix well and garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 1/2 cups, Calories 268 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 52.5 g, ProteinContent 12.5 g, FatContent 3.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, CholesterolContent 8.5 mg, SodiumContent 312 mg, FiberContent 7 g, SugarContent 4.5 g
EASY BEEF STROGANOFF WITH STEW MEAT - RECIPE POCKET
This easy tasty beef stroganoff dish you can make from scratch, and is cooked on the stove top. Made with sour cream and wine, serve this classic creamy dish with rice, egg noodles, pasta or mashed potatoes.
Provided by Harriet Britto
Total Time 80 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 60 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large deep fry pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add the sliced mushrooms, and fry on low to medium heat, until the mushrooms change colour and become soft, this will take about 3-5 minutes.
- When done, transfer the cooked mushrooms and any juice you get from them to a bowl, and put aside for later.
- In the same pan cook the meat in two batches: Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add quarter of the thinly cut gravy beef and fry until brown all over. Transfer the meat and juices to a plate. Repeat for the remaining meat.
- Add a little more oil (about 1/2 teaspoon) to the fry pan. Add the sliced onions and garlic. Fry for 2 -3 minutes, or until the onions become soft.
- Return all the browned meat and its juices to the pan with the onions. Add the red wine, water and 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and stock powder, bring to the boil, cover with a lid, then reduce the heat.
- Allow meat to simmer for about 1 hour, or until the meat is soft and tender.
- Once the meat is tender and soft, stir in the cooked mushrooms, fresh cream, and sour cream to the meat. Gently simmer for about 5 minutes, taste for salt – adding the remaining soy sauce and a little salt if needed. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- If you think the sauce is too thin and would like a thicker sauce, you can mix 2 teaspoons of cornflour with a little water and slowly pour and stir this into the Stroganoff, allow to cook for a minute on medium to low heat until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with pasta, salad, or steamed vegetables.
Nutrition Facts : ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 404 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 19 g, ProteinContent 8 g, FatContent 33 g, SaturatedFatContent 13 g, CholesterolContent 73 mg, SodiumContent 1317 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 6 g
SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF II RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
KID-FRIENDLY BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
BEEF STROGANOFF FOR INSTANT POT® RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
EASY GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
LOW CARB BEEF STROGANOFF MEATBALLS - KETO - I BREATHE I'M ...
10 BEST BEEF STROGANOFF WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP ...
SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF I RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
ONE POT GROUND BEEF STROGANOFF - THE RECIPE CRITIC
10 EASY RECIPES WITH CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP | MYRECIPES