ROASTED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
I have had this recipe for a long time, and always enjoy making it. You can also do the same thing with beef or pork.
Provided by JENNINE1980
Categories Meat and Poultry Lamb
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 4 Servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Move oven rack to the center position.
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic, rosemary, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss in 2 tablespoons olive oil to moisten mixture. Set aside.
- Season the rack all over with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large heavy oven proof skillet over high heat. Sear rack of lamb for 1 to 2 minutes on all sides. Set aside for a few minutes. Brush rack of lamb with the mustard. Roll in the bread crumb mixture until evenly coated. Cover the ends of the bones with foil to prevent charring.
- Arrange the rack bone side down in the skillet. Roast the lamb in preheated oven for 12 to 18 minutes, depending on the degree of doneness you want. With a meat thermometer, take a reading in the center of the meat after 10 to 12 minutes and remove the meat, or let it cook longer, to your taste. Let it rest for 5 to 7 minutes, loosely covered, before carving between the ribs.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 481.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 5.6 g, CholesterolContent 94.1 mg, FatContent 40.8 g, FiberContent 0.5 g, ProteinContent 22.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 13.4 g, SodiumContent 1368.8 mg, SugarContent 0.3 g
RACK OF LAMB RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I first started cooking in college and have continued to do so ever since. Grilling is what I like best, but I bake this rack of lamb in the oven for the best results.—Bob Paffenroth, Brookfield, Wisconsin
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 40 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Place lamb on a rack in a greased large roasting pan; brush with mustard. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper. Press onto the meat. Combine butter and garlic; drizzle over meat. , Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove from the oven and cover loosely with foil. Let stand for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 247 calories, FatContent 16g fat (7g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 82mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 319mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 21g protein.
More about "baked rack of lamb recipes"
BEST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE - HOW TO COOK RACK OF LAMB
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
- In a food processor, pulse garlic, rosemary, thyme, and salt until minced. Drizzle in olive oil and process until a paste forms. Place lamb on a large rimmed baking sheet and season all over with salt and pepper. Coat tops with herb rub and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°. Roast lamb 25 to 30 minutes for medium-rare, or until a thermometer inserted in the center reads 125°. Tent with foil and let rest 15 minutes before carving into chops. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
PARMESAN-CRUSTED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 1 hours 45 minutes
Calories 247 per serving
- Put the lamb back on the baking sheet, and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 120 degrees, approximately 20 to 30 minutes. (Tent the lamb with foil if the crust threatens to get too dark at the end.) Remove the lamb from the oven, and allow to stand, covered loosely in foil, for 10 minutes or so. (The internal temperature will rise to 125 degrees, or medium-rare, while the lamb sits.) Carve into chops, and serve on a warmed platter.
FRENCHED RACK OF LAMB | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Category Meat and Poultry, Lamb
Calories 402.7 calories per serving
- Roast in the preheated oven until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 140 degrees F (60 degrees C) for medium doneness, or to desired doneness, 25 to 35 minutes. Let the lamb sit for 20 minutes in a warm location; carve into 4 two-bone chops. Season with salt.
RACK OF LAMB RECIPE | JAMIE OLIVER CHRISTMAS LAMB RECIPES
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 693 calories per serving
- Get your meat out of the fridge and up to room temperature before you cook it. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Drizzle the lamb racks with olive oil and sprinkle generously with sea salt and black pepper, patting the seasoning all over the meat.
- Sear in a hot frying pan on a high heat with a little extra oil and 1 knob of butter for 2 to 3 minutes, turning with tongs until golden all over, then remove the racks to a roasting tray and let them cool.
- Peel 2 cloves of garlic and place in a food processor with the pistachios and parsley (stalks and all). Tear in the bread, finely grate in half the nutmeg and blitz into a fine green crumb.
- Generously brush each lamb rack with mustard, then cover with the herby crumb, patting it all over the top and sides.
- Roast for 25 minutes, until the crust is crisp, to give you beautifully blushing lamb. Remove from the oven and leave the lamb to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, trim just the stalk ends off the green beans and cook for 6 to 7 minutes in a pan of boiling salted water.
- Crush the remaining unpeeled clove of garlic through a garlic crusher into a jar and mix with 1 teaspoon of mustard, the vinegar, 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the lemon juice, then taste and season to perfection.
- Finely chop and add the tarragon leaves. Drain the beans and toss with the dressing. Carve up the lamb and serve with the dressed green beans and my potato al forno.
OVEN BAKED RACK OF LAMB | RECIPE | THE FRESH MARKET
OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB | PARTNERS.ALLRECIPES.COM
GARLIC-CRUSTED ROAST RACK OF LAMB RECIPE - KENNY ROCHFORD ...
RACK OF LAMB - THE BEST AND EASIEST WAY TO ROAST IN THE OVEN
ROSEMARY & GARLIC OVEN ROASTED RACK OF LAMB - HOUSE OF ...
GORDON RAMSAY’S RECIPE FOR PERFECT RACK OF LAMB - 2022 ...
ROASTED RACK OF LAMB WITH BASIL GOAT ... - HALF BAKED HARVEST
ROSEMARY GARLIC MARINATED RACK OF LAMB (ROASTED ...
RACK RECIPES - NEW ZEALAND SPRING LAMB
OVEN BAKED RACK OF LAMB | RECIPE | THE FRESH MARKET ...
ROAST RACK OF LAMB WITH MINT RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART