CHRISTMAS CINNAMON PEARS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is one of our family's favorites at Christmas. It not only tastes great, it is beautiful on any holiday plate. This recipe is very simple and everyone will want to know how you made it.
Provided by Erin (NC)
Total Time 8 hours 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Drain the liquid from the cans of pears into a saucepan. Add red hot candies to the juice. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the candy has dissolved. Stir in the food coloring, remove from heat, and allow to cool.
- Place the pear halves in a deep bowl. Pour the liquid over the pears, cover, and refrigerate overnight. You may want to stir a couple of times to evenly distribute the color. Serve pear halves cold on top of a leaf of lettuce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 39.9 g, FatContent 0.2 g, FiberContent 3.7 g, ProteinContent 0.9 g, SodiumContent 13.5 mg, SugarContent 28.7 g
BAKED GREEK SHRIMP WITH TOMATOES AND FETA - NYT COOKING
This traditional Greek recipe disregards the notion that seafood and cheese don’t mix, and it works beautifully, resulting in a harmonious balance of flavors. Though it can be made year round with canned tomatoes, it is sensational with fresh sweet ripe ones, so best prepared in summer. Serve it as a main course with rice or potatoes, or in small portions as an appetizer, taverna-style.
Provided by David Tanis
Total Time 45 minutes
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Put 4 tablespoons olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 to 8 minutes. Lower heat as necessary to keep mixture from browning. Remove from heat while preparing tomatoes.
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add whole tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes, until skins loosen. Immediately plunge tomatoes in a bowl of cold water to cool, then drain. With a paring knife, core tomatoes and slip off skins. Cut tomatoes into thick wedges.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Return skillet to stove over medium-high heat. Add tomato wedges and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until mixture is juicy and tomatoes have softened, about 10 minutes. Transfer mixture to a shallow earthenware baking dish.
- Put shrimp in a mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, season shrimp with salt and pepper and stir to coat. Arrange shrimp over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble cheese over surface and sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until tomatoes are bubbling and cheese has browned slightly. Remove from oven and let dish rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 233, UnsaturatedFatContent 5 grams, CarbohydrateContent 16 grams, FatContent 10 grams, FiberContent 4 grams, ProteinContent 21 grams, SaturatedFatContent 4 grams, SodiumContent 829 milligrams, SugarContent 8 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
BAKED PEARS WITH WALNUTS AND HONEY - SKINNYTASTE
RECIPES | PACIFIC NORTHWEST CANNED PEAR SERVICE
EASY BAKED OATMEAL + 22 RECIPES - EATING BIRD FOOD
10 BEST CANNED SWEET POTATOES RECIPES | YUMMLY
101 SUPER SIMPLE CANNED FOOD RECIPES TO MAKE ON BUSY NIGHTS
10 BEST CANNED WHOLE CRANBERRY RECIPES | YUMMLY
OVEN BAKED CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS - 27 RECIPES | WOOLWORTHS
7 TYPES AND VARIETIES OF PEARS, PLUS DELICIOUS PEAR RECIPES
PEAR RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
CALORIES IN PEARS AND NUTRITION FACTS - FATSECRET
31 EASY CANNED PUMPKIN RECIPES FOR FALL - DELISH
91 CRAVE-WORTHY CANNED PUMPKIN RECIPES FOR FALL
COOKING AFTER DISASTER STRIKES: 6 BAKED BEAN RECIPES FOR ...
CRANBERRY WALNUT BAKED BRIE RECIPE
CINNAMON BAKED APPLES | MINIMALIST BAKER RECIPES
PRODUCTS | SPC
CROCK-POT GRANDMA'S FAMOUS BAKED BEANS - CROCK-POT LADIES
9 WAYS TO PRESERVE PEARS, PLUS TIPS TO PREVENT BROWNING