BOSTON BAKED BEANS | ALLRECIPES
A wonderful old-fashioned baked bean flavor. This recipe has served by family for 29 years and originally came from my mother-in-law. It tastes great served with fresh cornbread or biscuits and honey. Although you need to allow time for soaking and simmering the beans, this recipe is still quite easy.
Provided by AJRHODES3
Total Time 5 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 4 hours 0 minutes
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Soak beans overnight in cold water. Simmer the beans in the same water until tender, approximately 1 to 2 hours. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Arrange the beans in a 2 quart bean pot or casserole dish by placing a portion of the beans in the bottom of dish, and layering them with bacon and onion.
- In a saucepan, combine molasses, salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and pour over beans. Pour in just enough of the reserved bean water to cover the beans. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until beans are tender. Remove the lid about halfway through cooking, and add more liquid if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 382.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 63.1 g, CholesterolContent 13.6 mg, FatContent 6.3 g, FiberContent 17.3 g, ProteinContent 20.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.8 g, SodiumContent 1320.3 mg, SugarContent 19.7 g
EASY BAKED BEANS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
My family enjoys this easy baked beans recipe with cornbread, but it also rounds out any cookout. Canned pork and beans make meal prep quick. —Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Total Time 01 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 01 hours 15 minutes
Yield 12 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293 calories, FatContent 5g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 5mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 793mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 59g carbohydrate (42g sugars, FiberContent 7g fiber), ProteinContent 9g protein.
More about "baked beans meal recipes"
KFC BBQ BAKED BEANS RECIPE | TOP SECRET RECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 40 minutes0S
Calories 382 calories per serving
BAKED BEAN RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
THE BEST BAKED BEANS RECIPES OF ALL-TIME I TASTE OF HOME
10 BEST BAKED BEANS WITH PORK AND BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST BAKED BEANS WITH CANNED BEANS RECIPES | YUMMLY
BAKED BEANS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
7 DELICIOUS RECIPES MADE WITH BAKED BEANS - SAVE THE STUDENT
COWBOY BAKED BEANS WITH GROUND BEEF - GROUND BEEF RECIPES