POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Make your own potato chips using your microwave. A tasty and easy alternative to store-bought potato chips (not to mention economical)! A mandoline would make slicing the potato into paper thin slices a breeze.
Provided by Jessica
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Snacks Snack Chip Recipes Potato Chip Recipes
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Pour the vegetable oil into a plastic bag (a produce bag works well). Add the potato slices, and shake to coat.
- Coat a large dinner plate lightly with oil or cooking spray. Arrange potato slices in a single layer on the dish.
- Cook in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned (if not browned, they will not become crisp). Times will vary depending on the power of your microwave. Remove chips from plate, and toss with salt (or other seasonings). Let cool. Repeat process with the remaining potato slices. You will not need to keep oiling the plate.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 80.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.6 g, FatContent 3.5 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 1.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.5 g, SodiumContent 294.5 mg
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Forget buying a bag of potato chips at the grocery store when you can make these at home. This quick and easy recipe will delight everyone in the family. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes Snacks
Total Time 60 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Yield 8-1/2 cups.
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Using a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut potatoes into very thin slices. Place in a large bowl; add ice water and salt. Soak for 30 minutes., Drain potatoes; place on paper towels and pat dry. In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, celery salt and pepper; set aside. , In a cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat 1-1/2 in. oil to 375°. Fry potatoes in batches until golden brown, 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. , Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Immediately sprinkle with seasoning mixture. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 176 calories, FatContent 8g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 0 cholesterol, SodiumContent 703mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 24g carbohydrate (1g sugars, FiberContent 3g fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein.
More about "are potato chips processed food recipes"
HOMESTYLE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Total Time 1 hours 0 minutes
Category Appetizers and Snacks, Snacks, Snack Chip Recipes, Potato Chip Recipes
Calories 179.2 calories per serving
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Fry potato slices in small batches. Once they start turning golden, remove and drain on paper towels. Continue until all of the slices are fried. Season with additional salt if desired.
BEST RECIPES WITH POTATO CHIPS - FOOD.COM
POTATO CHIPS CALORIES, RISKS AND HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN - DR ...
POTATO CHIPS RECIPE - CUISINART.COM
POTATO PROCESSING AND USES - INTERNATIONAL POTATO CENTER
THE 8 BEST "POTATO" CHIPS: HEALTHY AND DELICIOUS ...
20 CREATIVE RECIPES TO MAKE WITH POTATO CHIPS | TASTE OF HOME
POTATO CHIP RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
FINGERLING POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | AARON MCCARGO JR. | FOOD ...
MICROWAVE POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS “PRINGLES” RECIPE - FOOD RECIPES HUB
OPT FOR A HEALTHY SNACK WITH THESE 5 INTERESTING CHIPS RECIPES
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU EAT POTATO CHIPS — EAT THIS ...
33 POTATO APPETIZERS PERFECT FOR ANY PARTY | SOUTHERN LIVING
SPICED-UP POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK
BAKED POTATO CHIPS - EARTHFRESH RECIPE
POTATO CHIP - WIKIPEDIA
HOW TO DEHYDRATE POTATO CHIPS | EHOW
SPICY SWEET POTATO CHIPS RECIPE | REE DRUMMOND | FOOD NETWORK