APRICOT KOLACHE FILLING RECIPE - ANNA PAINTER | FOOD & WINE
Dried apricots plumped in sweetened orange juice make are delicious when stuffed into kolache, a type of sweet bun. Slideshow: More Apricot Recipes
Provided by Anna Painter
Total Time 15 minutes
Yield 1 cup (enough for at least 18 kolaches)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricots with the orange juice, lemon juice, vanilla and salt. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the apricots have plumped and the liquid coats the back of a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
APRICOT KOLACHES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Kolaches are a Czech recipe that are traditionally made with a yeast dough and fruit filling. In this version a non-yeasted dough is used. Variations include: cottage cheese, prune and apricot. All are somewhat sweet and can be drizzled with a light powder sugar/milk frosting, but traditionally kolaches are not frosted. I hope this is what you were looking for !! If ever in Oklahoma, check out the Czech Festival in Yukon, OK. The ladies of the community make about 2000 plus dozen Kolaches for sale during the festivities !!!
Provided by Mollie Nagel
Yield 1 dozen
Number Of Ingredients 7
- To make Filling: Combine apricots and water in heavy saucepan and cook covered over medium heat for 10 minutes or until apricots are soft. Cook UNCOVERED 5 to 10 minutes or until most of the water has been absorbed.
- Mash apricots, stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar and let filling cool. Set aside.
- To make Dough: Cream butter and cream cheese until fluffy; add 3/4 cup sugar and beat well. Add flour and mix well. Shape dough into ball and chill 1 hour.
- Turn dough onto well-floured surface, working with only half the dough. Roll into 1/8 inch thickness and cut into 2 inch squares. Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of apricot filling into the center of the square. Bring four corners to center, pinching to seal.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes. Optional - you may baste with butter halfway thru baking period.
- Optional - drizzle LIGHTLY with powdered sugar/milk frosting if you desire sweeter kolaches.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 673.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 71.9 g, CholesterolContent 112.5 mg, FatContent 41.1 g, FiberContent 2.3 g, ProteinContent 7.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 25.7 g, SodiumContent 304.3 mg, SugarContent 38 g
More about "apricot kolache filling recipes"
APRICOT KOLACHES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 55 minutes
Calories 320 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat milk and 1 cup butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat until moistened. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on high for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough., Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. , Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll each into a 2-1/2-in. circle. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes., Using the end of a wooden spoon, make a 1-1/2-in. indentation in the center of each roll; fill with about 2 teaspoons apricot filling. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough., Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm rolls.
KOLACHE WITH APRICOT FILLING RECIPE - COOKEATSHARE
Calories 241 per serving
- In large mixing bowl combine 1 1/4 c. of the flour and the yeast. In saucepan heat together lowfat milk, butter, granulated sugar, lemon peel, and salt just until hot (115-120), stirring constantly. Add in to dry mix in mixing bowl; add in Large eggs. Beat at low speed of electric mixer for 1/2 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat 3 min at high speed. By hand, stir in sufficient of the remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic (8 to 10 min). Shape into ball. Place in greased bowl; turn once to grease surface. Cover; let rise in hot place until double (1 to 1 1/2 hrs). Punch down; divide in half. Cover; let rest 10 min. Shape each half into 9 balls. Place balls, 3 inches apart, on greased baking sheets. With fingers, flatten each to 3 1/2-inch circle. Cover; let rise until double (about 45 min). Make a depression in center of each ball. Fill depression with Apricot Filling. Bake at 375 for 10 to 12 min. Remove from baking sheets; cold. Dust lightly with powdered sugar. APRICOT FILLING: Mix 1 c. snipped dry apricots and sufficient water to come 1 inch above apricots. Simmer for 15 to 20 min; drain. Stir in 1/4 c. granulated sugar, 1 Tbsp. butter, and 1/4 tsp. grnd nutmeg.
BOHEMIAN KOLACHES WITH FOUR FILLINGS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 2 hours 20 minutes
Calories 122.4 per serving
- Mix together. Use enough cream to make it easier to put into kolaches.
APRICOT FILLING - JAMIE GELLER
Total Time 25 minutes
- Place apricots in a saucepan. Add sugar, lemon juice, and just enough water to barely cover the fruit. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook down the dried fruit until reduced and thick, 15 to 20 minutes. Add cinnamon, if using. Transfer the cooked fruit to a food processor and pulse 3 to 4 times until desired consistency is reached. As seen in the Joy of Kosher with Jamie Geller Magazine Purim 2012 - Subscribe Now.
APRICOT KOLACHE FILLING - SAVEUR: AUTHENTIC RECIPES, FOOD ...
APRICOT KOLACHES - AN HUNGARIAN CHRISTMAS COOKIE
POLISH KOLACZKI COOKIE RECIPE WITH APRICOT FILLING (GLUTEN ...
TRADITIONAL HUNGARIAN APRICOT KOLACHES - LORD BYRON'S KITCHEN
APRICOT KOLACHI (KOLACHE) – MY GRANDMAS' RECIPES
APRICOT KOLACHES - FLEISCHMANN'S YEAST
APRICOT KOLACHE FILLING RECIPE - RECIPEZAZZ.COM
APRICOT FILLING FOR KOLACHES - RECIPE | COOKS.COM
APRICOT FILLING FOR KOLACHE - RECIPES | COOKS.COM
APRICOT KOLACHES – THE SISTERS KITCHEN
APRICOT KOLACHI (KOLACHE) – MY GRANDMAS' RECIPES
KOLACZKI (POLISH FILLED COOKIES) - POLISH HOUSEWIFE
AUTHENTIC CZECH KOLACHES RECIPE | DESSERT FOR TWO
12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS COOKIES: APRICOT KOLACHE RECIPE ...
BEST CHRISTMAS COOKIES - RECIPES, CRAFTS, ACTIVITIES
KOLACKY COOKIES - SIMPLY HAPPENINGS