ITALIAN ANISE COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
- Beat eggs together in a large bowl. Gradually stir white sugar into beaten eggs until smooth. Slowly pour vegetable oil and anise oil into sugar mixture until incorporated. Mix flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl; slowly add to sugar mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon until dough is dry.
- Refrigerate dough, 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Roll dough into walnut-size balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are crisp around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- Mix confectioners' sugar and milk together in a bowl until desired consistency is reached. Dip a fork into the icing and drizzle over cookies. Allow icing to harden.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 18.7 g, CholesterolContent 18.7 mg, FatContent 4.9 g, FiberContent 0.4 g, ProteinContent 2.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.8 g, SodiumContent 80.8 mg, SugarContent 6.6 g
ANISE CANDY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Making this old-fashioned anise candy has become an annual Christmas project for me since I first prepared this recipe at the home of a friend who made candy for a shop. To vary the recipe a little, you can substitute peppermint extract for the anise and green food coloring for red.—Jobyna Carpenter, Poulsbo, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 35 minutes
Prep Time 25 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Yield about 1 pound (about 8 dozen).
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Butter an 8-in. square dish with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the water, corn syrup and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes to dissolve any sugar crystals., Uncover; cook over medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage). Remove from the heat; stir in extract and food coloring. , Pour into prepared dish. Using a sharp knife, score into 3/4-in. squares. Cool. Separate into squares, using a sharp knife if necessary. Place confectioners' sugar in a pan; add candy and roll until coated. Brush off excess sugar with a pastry brush. , Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 48 calories, FatContent 0 fat (0 saturated fat), CholesterolContent 0 cholesterol, SodiumContent 7mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 12g carbohydrate (11g sugars, FiberContent 0 fiber), ProteinContent 0 protein.
More about "anise recipies recipes"
ANISE HARD CANDY RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Total Time 15 minutes
Calories 49 calories per serving
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Uncover; cook on medium-high heat, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage)., Remove from the heat; stir in extract and food coloring (if using anise oil, keep face away from mixture as the aroma will be very strong). Pour into a buttered 13-in. x 9-in. pan. When cooled slightly but not hardened, cut into 1-in. squares. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
ITALIAN GRANDMOTHER ANISE COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 35 minutes
Calories 230.6 per serving
- Frost cookies. Icing will harden quickly so add non-pareils or other sprinkles immediately after frosting each cookie.
ANISE PIZZELLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
Total Time 20 minutes
Cuisine Europe, Italian
Calories 76 calories per serving
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and butter until smooth. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in aniseed and extracts., Bake in a preheated pizzelle iron according to manufacturer’s directions until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.
STAR ANISE BRINE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Total Time 30 minutes
Calories 856 per serving
- Let cool completely and refrigerate until needed.
ANISE COOKIES RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
- Do Ahead: Cookies, without glaze, can be made 2 months ahead; store airtight and freeze.
CRANBERRY SAUCE WITH STAR ANISE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Total Time 20 minutes
Category Vegan Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Calories 89.5 calories per serving
- Place star anise in cheesecloth and tie into a bundle with a piece of kitchen string. Combine cranberries, sugar, water, orange zest and juice in a medium saucepan. Add the star anise bundle and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have burst, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove star anise before serving. Serve warm or chilled.
25 ANISE RECIPES TO MAKE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON
OUR TOP 10 STAR ANISE RECIPES - TASTE OF HOME
STAR ANISE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST COOKING WITH ANISE EXTRACT RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST ANISE COOKIES WITH ANISE SEEDS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST STAR ANISE DESSERTS RECIPES | YUMMLY
ANISE RECIPES & MENU IDEAS | EPICURIOUS.COM
ANISE DROPS | KING ARTHUR BAKING
10 BEST ANISE PIZZELLES RECIPES | YUMMLY
RECIPE: ANISE DROP COOKIES (GERMAN ANISPLÄTZCHEN)
19 FABULOUS FENNEL RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
RECIPE: SCRUMPTIOUS ANISE PIZZELLE | ITALIAN SONS AND ...
FRESH ANISE ROOT RECIPES