AMERICAN INDIAN FRY BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
I used to work at an American Indian reastraunt Where I ate these at least once a day. Sometimes with a little butter other times as a Navajo Taco. Also try the Tostada.
Total Time 13 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 3 minutes
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat oil in skillet til hot over med-high heat, but not smoking.
- In a large bowl, Combine the rest of the ingredients to make dough.
- Shape into round disks.
- Fry shaped dough in hot oil til brown and crispy.
- Serve hot.
- Traditionally you would eat this with stew.
- Or top with some honey.
- I personally like to spread a little butter on it.
- Two other popular choices, make chili.
- Pile Chili on top and add a little cheese, lettuce and tomato for a"Navajo Taco" Or use the round as your base for a Tostada, add taco meat, beans, cheese, lettuce, tomato and Guacamole.
- See my Creamy Guacamole recipe.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.5, FatContent 2.1, SaturatedFatContent 0.8, CholesterolContent 4.3, SodiumContent 206.4, CarbohydrateContent 31.5, FiberContent 1.1, SugarContent 0.2, ProteinContent 5
INDIAN FRY BREAD RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Many Native Americans have a recipe for Fry Bread. This one listed is not ours. We have perfected our own and we hold ingredients that make ours special. One of those is tinpsula. This is a food widely used by many Native Indian tribes, and was one of the primary foods used by the plains Indians. Although tinpsula makes our bread different, there is much more than that that goes into our processes of Fry Bread.
Provided by Food Network
Total Time 55 minutes
Prep Time 40 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Put flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well, add warm water and stir until dough begins to ball up. On a lightly floured surface knead dough. Do not over-work the dough. After working dough, place in a bowl and refrigerate for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees in a frying pan or kettle. Lightly flour surface and pat and roll out baseball size pieces of dough. Cut hole in middle with a knife (so the dough will fry flat) to 1/4-inch thickness and place in oil and cook until golden brown and flip over and cook opposite side until same golden brown. Dough is done in about 3 minutes depending on oil temperature and thickness of dough.
- After fry bread is done top with favorite topping or, chile and cheese first, then cover with lettuce and tomatoes, onions, green chile and you have an Indian Taco.
More about "american bread recipe recipes"
CRUSTY ITALIAN BREAD RECIPE | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Category Other Breads
- Serve immediately with butter, or with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.
MONKEY BREAD RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
Category Afternoon tea, Breakfast, Brunch, Dessert, Treat
Calories 546 calories per serving
- Whisk all of the ingredients together to make the glaze. It will thicken as the melted butter cools. Turn the monkey bread onto a serving plate, then drizzle with the glaze. Let it set, if you can bear the wait.
EASY PLAIN FLOUR BREAD RECIPE | SAINSBURY'S RECIPES
Total Time 45 minutes
Calories 1735 calories per serving
Place the yeast and caster sugar in a bowl with 290ml warm (not hot) water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes, until it begins to foam.
Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the salt, making sure it is evenly distributed. Create a well and then gently pour in the liquid. Bring together to form a dough. If the dough is a little dry at this point, add a little more water and make sure it is fully combined. Dust the work surface with a little flour and knead the dough for 15-20 minutes until smooth and stretchy.
Shape the dough into a round or oval then place on a baking tray dusted with a little flour. Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 230°C, fan 210°C, gas 8.
Remove the cling film, dust the top of the loaf with a little flour. Turn the oven down to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 and bake for 20 minutes. Then check every 1-2 minutes until risen and golden. Transfer to a cooling rack and tap the base of the bread to check it is cooked – it should sound hollow. The loaf is best enjoyed warm from the oven.
Cook’s tip: plain flour requires more kneading than strong bread flour in order to form the gluten that gives the dough its elasticity – so don’t give up!
BRAZILIAN CHEESE BREAD - PãO DE QUEIJO RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Total Time 50 minutes
Calories 111 calories per serving
- Spoon the dough onto the baking sheet in 1 tbsp balls, 5cm apart. Bake for 30 mins until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and eat while still warm.
NATIVE AMERICAN FRY BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
FRY BREAD RECIPE | NATIVE AMERICAN RECIPES | PBS FOOD
NATIVE AMERICAN FRY BREAD RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CLASSIC AMERICAN SALT-RISING BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
DATE NUT BREAD RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
BANANA BREAD | AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION RECIPES
BANANA BREAD RECIPE [WITH VIDEO] - SIMPLY RECIPES
HOMEMADE EGG BREAD RECIPE | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
HOMEMADE EGG BREAD RECIPE | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
CIABATTA RECIPE | BREAD RECIPES | PBS FOOD
ITALIAN BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
HAWAIIAN BREAD RECIPE | BREAD MACHINE RECIPES
RECIPE FOR HOMEMADE RAISIN BREAD - THE SPRUCE EATS
EASY HOMEMADE BREAD RECIPE - BUTTER WITH A SIDE OF BREAD
IRISH SODA BREAD | KING ARTHUR BAKING
SIMPLE WHITE BREAD RECIPE | MYRECIPES
OMA'S EASY ARTISAN BREAD RECIPE ~ KRUSTENBROT
BREAD MACHINE BREAD (THE RIGHT WAY) | FAVORITE FAMILY …