ALMOND CAKE RECIPE - NYT COOKING
This moist and fragrant cake from Molly Wizenberg, the author of the popular food blog Orangette, calls for a whole orange and lemon, almonds and olive oil. It does require a little effort and the use of some equipment – a food processor and a mixer – but the ingredient list is short, and once you've boiled and puréed the citrus and ground the almonds, the whole thing comes together in a snap. It's excellent on its own, but we also like it with poached pears or grilled figs.
Provided by Mark Bittman and Sam Sifton
Total Time 2 hours 15 minutes
Yield 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Place the orange and the lemon in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees, and set a rack in the middle position. Bake the almonds 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely. When the almonds are cool, pulse them in a food processor until ground.
- Set oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9-inch springform pan.
- When the citrus is cool, cut the lemon in half, and discard the pulp and seeds. Cut the orange in half, and discard seeds. Put the fruits in the food processor and process almost to a paste.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder. Combine eggs and salt. Beat until foamy. Beat in the sugar. Fold in the flour mixture. Add the citrus, almonds and olive oil, and beat on low speed until incorporated. Pour the batter into the pan, and bake for about 1 hour. Let cool for 10 minutes, unmold and dust with confectioners’ sugar.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 532, UnsaturatedFatContent 26 grams, CarbohydrateContent 59 grams, FatContent 31 grams, FiberContent 4 grams, ProteinContent 9 grams, SaturatedFatContent 4 grams, SodiumContent 313 milligrams, SugarContent 42 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
HONEY CAKE RECIPES - BBC GOOD FOOD
Bake one of our favourite honey cake recipes for a sweet afternoon treat. Try an easy loaf cake, a stunning celebration layer cake or a spiced sponge.
Provided by Georgina Kiely – Digital food editor, bbcgoodfood.com
More about "almond honey cake recipes"
BEST SPANISH ALMOND CAKE (TARTA DE SANTIAGO) RECIPE - HO…
BOURBON HONEY CAKE RECIPE | INA GARTEN | FOOD NETWORK
Total Time 2 hours 0 minutes
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Rap the pan 5 times on the counter to get rid of any bubbles in the batter. Sprinkle the top with the almonds. Bake in the center of the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely, then remove from the pan and place almond side up on a flat serving plate. Serve at room temperature.
FLOURLESS HONEY-ALMOND CAKE RECIPE | EATINGWELL
10 BEST ALMOND FLOUR CAKE RECIPES - YUMMLY
10 BEST ALMOND CAKE WITH ALMOND FLOUR RECIPES - YUMMLY
ALMOND FLOUR CAKE RECIPE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
LEMON THYME, HONEY AND ALMOND CAKE - LOVEFOOD.COM
ALMOND FLOUR CHOCOLATE CAKE - HEALTHY RECIPES BLOG
ALMOND AMARETTO CAKE - LIV FOR CAKE | CLASSIC CAKE RECIPES ...
35 EASY LOW CARB DIABETES RECIPES | MILK & HONEY NUTRITION
10 BEST CHANTILLY CAKE RECIPES | YUMMLY
CAKE RECIPES & VIDEOS - JOYOFBAKING.COM *VIDEO RECIP…
HOW TO MAKE WHIPPED CREAM WITH ALMOND MILK - CAKE ...
DATE HONEY NUT CAKE - EASY LOAF CAKE, MOIST AND TENDER
NIGEL SLATER’S RECIPES FOR SLOW-COOKED AUBERGINE, AND FOR ...
MICHELLE'S HONEYBUN CAKE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
HONEY ROASTED ALMONDS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES