CRèME BRûLéE RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Julia Child believed that every woman should own a blowtorch. If you’ve lucky enough to have one, it will come in handy for this easy crème brulee recipe. And, if not, the broiler is a great stand-in for a handy-dandy blowtorch.
Provided by Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total Time 7 hours 0 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 13x9-inch pan, place 4 (6-oz) ceramic ramekins. In small bowl, slightly beat egg yolks with wire whisk. In large bowl, stir whipping cream, 1/3 cup granulated sugar and the vanilla until well mixed. Add egg yolks; beat with wire whisk until evenly colored and well blended. Pour cream mixture evenly into ramekins.
- Carefully place pan with ramekins in oven. Pour enough boiling water into pan, being careful not to splash water into ramekins, until water covers two-thirds of the height of the ramekins.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until top is light golden brown and sides are set (centers will be jiggly).
- Using tongs or grasping tops of ramekins with pot holder, carefully transfer ramekins to cooling rack. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Cover tightly with plastic wrap; refrigerate until chilled, at least 4 hours but no longer than 48 hours.
- Uncover ramekins; gently blot any liquid from tops of custards with paper towel. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons granulated sugar over each chilled custard. Holding kitchen torch 3 to 4 inches from custard, caramelize sugar on each custard by heating with torch about 2 minutes, moving flame continuously over sugar in circular motion, until sugar is melted and light golden brown. (To caramelize sugar in the broiler, see Broiler Directions below.) Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to 8 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 540 , CarbohydrateContent 30 g, CholesterolContent 440 mg, FatContent 7 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 7 g, SaturatedFatContent 25 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 55 mg, SugarContent 29 g, TransFatContent 1 g
SOUS VIDE ULTIMATE CREME BRûLéE WITH ... - SOUS VIDE RECIPES
Smooth and silky, creamy and rich, with that perfect layer of crunchiness to tap-tap-tap through to enjoy! Creme brûlée is a favorite sous vide dessert for so many reasons, and now you have the ultimate basic recipe that you can alter with flavor variations while knowing it is going to come out perfect every time!
Provided by Nicole Poirier
Total Time 045 minutes
Prep Time 015 minutes
Yield Ingredients for 4
Number Of Ingredients 5
PUMPKIN CRèME BRULEE - MY BAKING ADDICTION
Sep 16, 2019 · Instructions. 1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. 2. Slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape out the caviar from inside the bean; reserve the bean.
MEAL IDEAS : TARGET
Chicken Sausage Meal _____ Heat oven to 400°F. Line large rimmed baking pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup. Add fresh sweet potato cubes, fresh Brussels sprouts (each cut in half) & ½ red …
FOOD - CBC LIFE
Nov 01, 2010 · CBC life food - Canada's home for news, sports, lifestyle, comedy, arts, kids, music, original series & more.
CAKES, COOKIES AND DESSERT RECIPES - SWEET | RECIPETIN EATS
Cakes, Cookies and Dessert Recipes By Date From classics like Chocolate Cake and Vanilla Sponge , perfect Chocolate Brownies and everybody's favourite Chocolate Chip Cookies , to grand centrepieces like Pavlova and Baked Cheesecakes , you're sure to find Cake and Dessert recipes …
42 FRENCH DESSERT RECIPES FROM THE EFFORTLESS TO THE ...
Aug 28, 2018 · 42 French Dessert Recipes From the Effortless to the Intricate From classic, multi-layered French pastries to simple modern cakes, tarts, and more, these easy desserts …
HOW TO USE UP EGGS: 50+ RECIPES AND SMART IDEAS ...
One of the best ways to use up eggs is to find a recipe to make with them. However, there are a few other options as well. You can freeze eggs without cooking them first using this method.; …