CHOCOLATE CHIP BUTTER COOKIES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
I have a personal list of my top 15 favorite cookie recipes, and this has been Number 1 for years. I cannot remember where I got the recipe from, but it is a good one. I made a platter a few months ago for a friend giving a luncheon at her job, and the cookies were almost gone before people even finished the entrees. People were coming into the room, grabbing handfuls and pocketing them, thinking nobody was watching. I have to admit, I was very flattered! Note: The recipe calls for 4 sticks of butter or margarine. Do not substitute anything else, like oil, or shortening, or applesauce -- it just won't be the same. I use either all butter, or often will use 1/2 butter and 1/2 margarine, with no loss of quality in the results. The recipe halves easily.
Total Time 45 minutes
Prep Time 30 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 64 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350.
- It is not necessary to grease the cookie sheets.
- Cream together the butter or margarine with the 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Add the salt, vanilla and 3 1/2 cups flour, and mix until blended; the mixture should be fairly stiff, so add more flour if needed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pinch off pieces of dough, roll into about 3/4" balls (you can make them larger if you prefer), place on the cookie sheets about 2" apart, and flatten with a fork on baking sheet twice for each cookie, making a criss-cross pattern and flattening cooking about halfway.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just very lightly beginning to brown around the edges.
- Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for about a minute, then remove to a rack and dust lightly with additional powdered sugar.
- Dust again when cookies are completely cooled, or store as is, and dust a 2nd time after putting on a platter to serve.
- Makes about 64 cookies; recipe halves easily.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 116.3, FatContent 7.4, SaturatedFatContent 4.6, CholesterolContent 15.2, SodiumContent 69.6, CarbohydrateContent 12.4, FiberContent 0.5, SugarContent 6.6, ProteinContent 1
MILLION DOLLAR POUND CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Just 7 ingredients - and all of them common pantry staples - are all you need for this rich classic pound cake recipe.
Provided by MyRecipes
Yield Makes 10 to 12 servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. (The butter will become a lighter yellow color; this is an important step, as the job of the mixer is to incorporate air into the butter so the cake will rise. It will take 1 to 7 minutes, depending on the power of your mixer.) Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. (Again, the times will vary, and butter will turn to a fluffy white.) Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow yolk disappears.
- Add flour to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. (The batter should be smooth and bits of flour should be well incorporated; to rid batter of lumps, stir gently with a rubber spatula.) Stir in extracts.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. (Use vegetable shortening or butter to grease the pan, getting every nook and cranny covered. Sprinkle a light coating of flour over the greased surface.)
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 40 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used White Lily All-Purpose Flour.
MILLION DOLLAR POUND CAKE - GOODENESS GRACIOUS
STICK OF BUTTER CONVERSION - FOOD LOVIN FAMILY
STICK BUTTER CONVERSION CHART - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
US STICKS OF BUTTER CONVERSION CHARTS - ERREN'S KITCHEN
CREAM CHEESE POUND CAKE - BEST COOKING RECIPES IN THE WORLD
RECIPES - STICK OF BUTTER
BUTTER CALCULATOR - HOW MUCH IS A STICK OF BUTTER?
HOW TO MAKE CANNABUTTER (CLASSIC RECIPE) - GREENCAMP
BUTTER MEASUREMENTS AND COMMON BUTTER ... - LET'S EAT CAKE
COOKING MEASUREMENTS & ABBREVIATIONS - LAND O'LAKES
MY MOM'S FOUR BEST POUND CAKE RECIPES - DELISHABLY
TASTY AND MOIST BUTTER VANILLA POUND CAKE - CAKECENTRAL.COM
HOW MANY STICKS OF BUTTER IN A CUP - EASY AND DELISH
BUTTER TO OLIVE OIL CONVERSION CHART
EASY OLD FASHIONED POUND CAKE RECIPE - ONLY 4 INGREDIENTS!
STICKS OF BUTTER??? - ONLINE CONVERSION
THE PERFECT 7UP POUND CAKE FROM SCRATCH - SOUTHERN LOVE
HOW MUCH SALT IS IN SALTED BUTTER (AND HOW TO SUBSTITUTE)
CLASSIC POUND CAKE RECIPE - MARTHA STEWART