The lifestyle of vegan and vegetarian people is a great example to follow for anyone interested in this way of life. Taking the step to change your omnivorous eating (eating both plants and animals) is a very important step and a bit complicated for some people.
A vegan is a person who does not eat any animal products, does not eat any meat (pork, beef, fish, chicken, etc.) but unlike some vegetarians, they also do not eat eggs, dairy products or honey.
It is important to note that to become a vegan, it is advisable to have the advice of a nutritionist so that the diet includes all the vitamins and minerals needed to stay healthy.
Among the many foods that have prominence in the diet of veganism we find: legumes, nuts, cereals, soy milk.
In order to be able to carry out a vegan diet without endangering your health, a series of guidelines are established that must be followed, such as these:
– The body must be supplied with omega-3s through the consumption of flax seeds.
– The priority products are fruits, vegetables and legumes.
– We must eat a variety of foods.
– It is important to take a vitamin B12 supplement.
Always remember that vegan food never has to be boring or tasteless. If it tastes delicious, no one will miss the meat! Really!
It consists of a wheat noodle soup with different ingredients, traditionally including meat or fish, but you can also make all-vegetable versions like the one we offer.
The broth is the essence of ramen. Each cook brings his or her own touch, but it always takes time to make it delicious and comforting.
It can be spicier or sweeter and can be served both hot and cold. In the most common preparation, first the broth is made and then the noodles and the rest of the ingredients are added.
- Ingredients: 1 onion, 10 shiitake mushrooms, 200 g natural tofu, 5 cm kombu seaweed, 20 sprigs of chives, 3 cm fresh ginger, 200 g ramen paste, salt.
In a saucepan, put a litre and a half of water and bring it to the boil. Once it is boiling, add a teaspoon of salt and the kombu seaweed.
Chop the onion into small squares and add them too. Once it is boiling again, add the sliced shiitake mushrooms and the tofu cut into small cubes.
Let it cook for 20 minutes and then add the ramen paste. Please note that depending on the type of pasta you have chosen, it will take some time or other to cook. See the instructions on the package.
Once all the ingredients are cooked, grate the ginger with a grater as finely as possible, place it in a sieve and squeeze it to extract the juice. Then add it to the soup you have previously prepared.
-Pancakes with chia. Bisquick pancakes
Pancakes are easy to make, but they don’t have to be unhealthy. These pancakes contain large amounts of chlorophyll thanks to the green leaves of spinach and spirulina. They also provide protein, vitamins, minerals, omega 3 and antioxidants.
The combination of spinach, chia seeds and spirulina is very beneficial. It has depurative and antioxidant effects, improves blood quality, eliminates heavy metals, is reconstitutive and strengthens immunity, vision and hair.
These pancakes can be taken as a snack between meals or as a delicious and nutritious dessert.
- Ingredients: 3 handfuls of spinach, 2 tablespoons chia, 6 tablespoons water, 130 g buckwheat flour, 1 tablespoon olive oil, 190 ml almond milk, 1 tablespoon spirulina.
-Green salad. Green bean salad
It is very easy to provide our body with the vitamins it needs. Just take plenty of green vegetables, fruit, nuts… And best of all, organically grown. This varied and nutritious salad provides us with vitamins A, C, K and those of the B group, including folic acid.
- Ingredients: 4 kale leaves, Â¼ lettuce, 50 g fresh beans, 50 g fresh peas, 1 kiwi, 1 green pepper, 1 avocado, some coriander leaves, some fennel leaves, some carrot leaves.
- For the sauce: 25 g of basil leaves, 100 g of cashew nuts, 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 125 ml water.
For the sauce, soak the cashew nuts for at least 4 hours. Then strain, wash and mash them with the other ingredients until a creamy sauce is obtained.
For the salad, wash, salt and massage the kale.
While you let it rest, prepare the other ingredients: lettuce, cut with your hands; beans, thinly sliced; kiwi and pepper, sliced; avocado, diced.
Wash the kale to remove the salt and assemble all the ingredients in an attractive way.