TWO BY FOUR SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
From Mom's friend Sylvia. It actually calls for two pounds of beef (thus, two by four), but Sylvia only uses one, and I found it sufficient. I put this in the crockpot on warm on a busy afternoon, and had dinner waiting for me. I served it with a salad and tortillas. This is greater than the sum of its parts; I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it was. DH told me "this is the best thing to ever come out of that crockpot!"
Total Time 30 minutes
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Throw everything into a pot and heat gently.
- Gets better the second day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 814.3, FatContent 56.6, SaturatedFatContent 22.9, CholesterolContent 75.9, SodiumContent 876.7, CarbohydrateContent 54.2, FiberContent 10, SugarContent 5.7, ProteinContent 23.8
PETITS FOURS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
This is a sponge cake that it is perfect for making petits fours. Dense yellow cake that can stand up to the process of being cut into small pieces, and iced individually. Decorate each little cake with a whole nut, some candied fruit, tiny candies, sprinkles or coconut.
Provided by courtney
Total Time 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Yield 3 dozen petits fours
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10x15 inch jellyroll pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks using an electric mixer. Add sugar, and beat until thick and pale, about 10 minutes. If you have a stand mixer, use the whisk attachment. Sift the flour and baking powder into the egg mixture, and fold in by hand along with the milk. Stir just until the batter is mixed, then fold in the melted butter until smooth. Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. When finished, invert the cake pan onto a sheet of waxed paper, and cool completely. This will give you nice even petits fours.
- Cut the cooled cake into small squares, rectangles or triangles, and arrange the pieces in rows on a wire rack or glazing screen with plenty of space between rows. (See Cook's Notes for flavoring suggestions). Set the rack over a shallow pan or waxed paper to catch the drips.
- Spoon or pour warmed petit four icing over the small cakes. The drippings may be scraped off of the pan or paper, and reheated for use again. Allow the petits fours to set until completely dry. Lift the cakes from the rack with a metal spatula, and trim the bottom edges with a sharp knife. Set into small muffin papers for easy handling. Decorate as desired.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 69.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.1 g, CholesterolContent 26.2 mg, FatContent 2.3 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 1.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.2 g, SodiumContent 37.2 mg, SugarContent 5.8 g
More about "2 fours recipes"
PETIT FOURS RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Total Time 2 hours 2 minutes
Category Cake, Sweet, Baking, Dessert
Calories 100 calories per serving
- Garnish each petit four with candy flowers or frosting flowers, if desired.
BISCUITS FOR 2 ( OR 4 ) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Total Time 22 minutes
Calories 491.3 per serving
- Serve with lots and lots of butter or margaine.
PETITS FOURS ICING | MARTHA STEWART
Category Dessert & Treats Recipes
- In a heatproof bowl set over (but not touching) simmering water, mix sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup water, vanilla and almond extracts together until they are warm, well combined, and smooth. Stir in enough food coloring until desired color is reached. Do not overheat. Let cool about 8 minutes before pouring.
EASY PETIT FOURS RECIPE - TABLESPOON.COM
Total Time 3 hours 30 minutes
Calories 470 per serving
- Drizzle with the untinted ganache, and refrigerate until ganache has set (1 to 2 hours). Refrigerate until about an hour before serving.
1-2-3-4 POUND CAKE RECIPE (OUR MOST POPULAR) – SWANS DOWN ...
PEACH DUMP CAKE FOR 2 RECIPE - DESSERT.FOOD.COM
Total Time 40 minutes
Calories 212.2 per serving
- Can be served immediately or is also good room temperature.
CLASSIC POT ROAST (COOKING FOR 2) RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 3 hours 10 minutes
Calories 920 per serving
- Place beef, onion and celery in baking dish. Pour broth over beef and vegetables. Cover; bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn beef over; add carrots and potatoes. Cover; bake 1 hour. Uncover; turn beef over and bake 30 to 35 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender and broth is slightly thickened. Skim excess fat from broth, and serve.
ALMOND PETITS FOURS RECIPE - BETTYCROCKER.COM
Total Time 1 hours 50 minutes
Calories 110 per serving
- With decorating icing, pipe designs on cakes, or garnish cakes with flowers just before serving. Store loosely covered.
TWO BY FOUR STEW RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
COOKING FOR TWO | ALLRECIPES
PETITS FOURS RECIPES - BBC FOOD
LEMON BERRY PETIT FOURS (FOR BEGINNERS!) - SALLY'S BAKING ...
210 ? PETIT FOURS RECIPES ? IDEAS | PETIT FOURS, PETIT ...
THE EASIEST PETIT FOURS RECIPE - DELISHABLY
25 2-INGREDIENT RECIPES SO EASY A TODDLER COULD MAKE THEM
THE $10 FOOD DAY #2: MORE CHEAP RECIPES TO FEED A FAMILY ...
THE BEST YORKSHIRE PUDDING RECIPE FOR 2 - MRS PINCH
RECIPES - 9 & 10 NEWS
FOUR EASY RECIPES THAT USE DRIED CRANBERRIES - HOMEPERCH
RECIPES – PAGE 2 – FOUR DAUGHTERS