RIBBON PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
"No one will guess they're eating lighter when you serve moist slices of this pretty pumpkin bread with a ribbon of cream cheese inside," assures Beth Ask, Ulster, Pennsylvania.
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 55 minutes
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Yield 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Number Of Ingredients 18
- For filling, combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour and egg whites in a bowl; set aside. , In a bowl, beat the pumpkin, applesauce, egg, egg whites and oil. Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and cloves; add to pumpkin mixture. Stir in walnuts., Divide half of the batter between two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Spread each with filling; top with remaining batter. , Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 127 calories, FatContent 3g fat (1g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 13mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 165mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 21g carbohydrate (14g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 1-1/2 starch
BLUE-RIBBON BUTTER CAKE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
I found this buttercake recipe in an old cookbook I bought at a garage sale and couldn’t wait to try it. I knew it had been someone’s favorite because of the well-worn page. —Joan Gertz, Palmetto, Florida
Provided by Taste of Home
Total Time 01 hours 15 minutes
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 55 minutes
Yield 16 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 15
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition., Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 55-70 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges and center tube of pan. Invert cake onto a wire rack over waxed paper. , For sauce, combine the sugar, butter and water in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat just until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts., Poke holes in the top of the warm cake; spoon 1/4 cup sauce over cake. Let stand until sauce is absorbed. Repeat twice. Poke holes into sides of cake; brush remaining sauce over sides. Cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 410 calories, FatContent 19g fat (11g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 100mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 344mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 56g carbohydrate (38g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
More about "1/4 ribbon recipes"
CLASSIC CHICKEN RIBBON SANDWICHES | AUSTRALIAN WOMEN'S ...
Total Time 30 minutes
Category Afternoon tea
- Trim crusts from sandwiches and cut each into three fingers. Arrange on serving platter. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
HOMEMADE APPLE PIE RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Total Time 1 hours 1 minutes
Category Crust, Fruit, Apple, Apple, Sweet, Baking, Creating New Traditions, Fruit, Pie, Dessert, Pie, Dessert, Pie, Dessert
Calories 460 calories per serving
- Bake 35 minutes; remove foil. Continue baking 10-20 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust. Cool pie 30 minutes; serve warm. Store refrigerated.
BLUE RIBBON SUGAR COOKIES RECIPE | LAND O’LAKES
Total Time 0 minutes
Category Shaped, Sugar, Sweet, Baking, Cookie, Dessert, Cookie, Dessert
Calories 45 calories per serving
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased cookie sheets. Flatten to about 1 1/2 inches with bottom of glass dipped in sugar; sprinkle with decorator sugars, if desired. Bake 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack.
THICK CUT-OUTS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Category Desserts, Cookies, Sugar Cookie Recipes
Calories 147.5 calories per serving
- To make frosting, mix together the confectioners' sugar, oil and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. gradually add enough hot water to achieve a spreadable consistency. Spread over warm cookies.
COFFEE CAKE POUND CAKE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Total Time 3 hours 35 minutes
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack, and cool completely (about 1 hour).
FATTIGMAN (NORWEGIAN COOKIES) | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
- Fry a few at a time in hot oil (350*) for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to paper towels with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
CHEROKEE FRY BREAD | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
- Or can use bread for tacos. Brown 1 lb ground turkey, add 1 chopped red bell pepper and a can of yellow corn to browned turkey. Add 1 package of taco seasoning and a touch of ketchup to taste. Serve on fry bread with lettuce, cheese, refried beans, tomatoes, etc.
HOW TO MAKE OLD-FASHIONED RIBBON CANDY - THE SPRUCE EATS