RICE CAKES RECIPE - NYT COOKING
Crispy rice has a revered place in many cultures. These rice cakes, which work well as a side dish to a piece of grilled meat or fish, offer the delicious crunch of Korean nurunji or Middle eastern hkaka, with some of the herbed cheesy goodness of Italian arancini. The basic recipe can be used to accommodate vegetables other than zucchini and herbs other than mint, or can be made without either for a more simple backdrop for a fried egg or a simple snack for a child.
Provided by Kim Severson
Total Time 20 minutes
Yield 4 to 6 cakes
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a large bowl, gently mix everything except the butter. Over medium-high heat, heat the butter in a large frying pan until it is foaming. (A nonstick pan is good for this purpose but cast iron can work well, too.)
- Working in batches if necessary, and adding more butter as needed, use a large spoon or measuring cup to place a scoop of the rice mixture in the pan. Press down with the back of a spatula to form a patty. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden and crisp on the bottom. Gently flip patty and cook another 3 minutes or until golden. Keep warm on a paper-towel-covered plate or pan in a warm oven.
Nutrition Facts : @context http//schema.org, Calories 558, UnsaturatedFatContent 6 grams, CarbohydrateContent 80 grams, FatContent 18 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 17 grams, SaturatedFatContent 10 grams, SodiumContent 461 milligrams, SugarContent 1 gram, TransFatContent 1 gram
BLOODY MARY MIX RECIPE - NYT COOKING
We’ve made hundreds of thousands of bloody Marys over the decades at Prune, with 11 variations, and this classic base mix has been the stalwart, gleaming engine of them all. The lemon juice is what makes it so bright and zingy, and the Sacramento brand tomato juice is clean, with perfect body, never muddy or thick. Prepared horseradish keeps its bite and moisture just about forever, whereas fresh grated horseradish loses its potency almost immediately, leaving dead bits of pencil shavings in the glass instead — so resist the urge to “improve” the recipe. Worcestershire sauce adds greater depth to the umami already inherent in tomato, and the Tabasco brand hot-pepper sauce brings vibrancy with its high acidity but very manageable heat. This bloody Mary is as refreshing as a virgin affair as it is when spiked and garnished.
Provided by Gabrielle Hamilton
Total Time 15 minutes
Yield About 8 to 14 drinks
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Whisk together all the bloody Mary mix ingredients, transfer to a bottle and shake well just before using.
- Fill tall glasses with ice; pour the bloody Mary mix on top.
- If using the vodka, mix 1/4 cup vodka with 1/2 cup bloody Mary mix in a shaker over ice; shake for 10 hard strokes, strain and pour into each ice-filled glass.
- Garnish with a leafy interior rib of celery, a wooden skewer of olives and a lemon wedge.
EASY BISCUIT MIXTURE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
These are SO yummy! Remind me a lot of KFC biscuits, but better! To make these I scaled it down to 6. Then I used 1 cup of milk, mixed it into the mixture until soft dough formed. Then I put it down on a floured surface, knead 10 times. Then rolled out to 1/2
PEANUT BUTTER CUP COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
10 Easy Christmas Cookies to Make With Your Kids From adding icing and sprinkles, to creating mini reindeer and gingerbread men, there are lots of ways to get kids excited about making of each of these easy holiday cookie recipes. Kids of all ages will enjoy ...